We’ve had a real boom in little one’s around here! Most exciting was the arrival of my brother’s little baby gal- the first grandchild in the family, our cute little pumpkin. Between fielding well meaning Aunties patting on my tummy, asking “when is she going to get a cousin?” and sewing up all sorts of treats for this little one, I’ve been a busy little bee. Here’s a few projects I’ve been working on, along with the links to patterns (all freebies!)
- Little Geranium- from Made by Rae– I love this little pattern. So simple and so cute. This cotton fabric was from IKEA! (Size 0-3 months)
2. Little Geranium- from Made by Rae– I did say I loved this dress pattern! This time with a little added bias tape and pockets.Tiny babies need pockets you know. The Mary-Jane style booties are from my own pattern The Little Bow-tiful Booties. Matching headband was just a simple thing I whipped up! The fabric is from IKEA again…The salesperson hovered around behind me waiting for me to checkout. Poor guy, it’s like he’d never been around crafters before! I kindly suggested he carry on with his work and I’d get him when I was ready… (Size 0-3 months)
3. Same fabric, different pattern. So this one was a quick make- a family friend had moved to Singapore and was back home for the week with his new baby girl. I had some left over fabric from my little pumpkin’s dress so whipped this up before going to visit her. This was based off Sew Jereli’s baby dress (size 6 months) but I changed up the buttoning to be on the straps rather than the back, using covered buttons.
4. A change of gender! This little Elephant Jumpsuit was based off Melly Sews Baby Boy Romper pattern and made for another family friends baby boy. I sized up the pattern a bit and lengthened the legs. The cotton fabric is from a local store which has all sorts of goodies! The only downside is the over-keen salesperson. I don’t know about you, but I could spend a year in a fabric store debating which fabric to buy, so I’m not hot on having a shadow following me around the store as I go back and forth between choices 100 times! But the fabric’s too cute and good value too, £8/m (and I only needed about 1m for the pattern).
5. (I told you I’ve been busy!) This one’s for my little pumpkin again. This was my own pattern, for 0-3months. I’m going to pattern check this one (made some edits to the sleeves as I was sewing it) and may shorten the length a bit. But I’ll post it once I’m done!
I’ve also got some more fabric in my stash for another baby girl that’s arrived (serious baby boom.) As well as some photos of a quick and easy baby blanket sleeping bag pattern I’ve also worked up a couple of times. Oh and some crochet!
Phew. Can you see why I haven’t managed to get a full post out!